writing a jEdit plugin
If you follow this recipe your plugin can be submitted to the jEdit sourceForge.net site where it can be packaged by the jEdit team and pushed to the Plugin Central download area which is used by the Plugin Manager Installer.
To make a plugin available on jEdit's Plugin Manager —> Install dialog, follow these steps:
- Read through Writing Plugins in the jEdit 4.2 User's Guide section of the jEdit help system.
- Download the source code to a few plugins to see how they are structured.
- Follow these build requirements to setup up your source directory and build file in the required way.
- Gather the information described on the release profile page.
- Go to the Plugin Central Submission page where you can browse through other plugin submissions and submit your own by clicking on the Submit New link which you'll find there.